MAILBOX MIXTAPES

You send me anonymous mixes. I listen. Think of it as the PostSecret of mixtapes.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Trash and Treasure

They say one man's trash is another man's treasure. But, sometimes, one man's treasure becomes the same man's trash. And, in rarer instances, that first man's trash can become another man's treasure. That is what this blog will set out to discover.

The yard sale came first. Well... technically, the mix tapes came first, but the yard sale was where I came in. The yard sale where I stumbled upon a drawer full of an unknown person's mix tapes. "You can use them as blanks," I was told, "25 cents a piece."

But I didn't want to use them as blanks. I wanted to see what it would be like to know, literally, nothing about a person except for the mix tapes that they had, at one time, cared enough to make.

So, this blog will be where I dissect a stranger's mix tapes, one tape at a time, track by track. I have no idea what I am in for. I am excited to hear.

1 comment:

Gary said...

is this blog sponsored/underwritten by memorex?